DA-IICT Dhirubhai Ambani
Institute of Information & Communication Technology
(A University under the State Act)
* Promoted by the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation and the Reliance Group, in pursuance of a Memorandum of Understanding
entered into with the Government of Gujarat, to impart information and communication technology education of international
* A non-profit educational society established in 2001 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat for furtherance of education, research,
and training in information and communication technology.
* Commenced activities from August 2001.
* To create a center of excellence for imparting state-of-the-art education, training and research in the field of
information and communication technology.
* To create a capability for development of multimedia content and its distribution.
* To create a capability for upgrading information and communication technology infrastructure to global standards.
* To develop patterns of teaching and training at various levels of educational accomplishment
so as to set a high standard of information and communication technology education and its applications.
* To function as a learning resource center for knowledge management and entrepreneurship development in the area
of information and communication technology.
* To provide for inter-relationships for national and global participation in the field of information and communication
technology and its allied fields.
Provide intellectual ambience in a stimulating campus setting by:
* Creating a tranquil environment with a tree-lined, garden-rich, and lush green campus that can heighten the spirit
and energy level of all learners and inspire them to optimize their learning efforts.
* Functionally and aesthetically spreading out the buildings and facilities in clusters in an exciting landscape that
is easy flowing and community-friendly.
* Creating a technology knowledge hub and virtual feel inside the buildings that can trigger the scientific brain-power
of the learners and researchers, and challenge them to shape up
as knowledge workers and intellectual leaders.
Along the knowledge and cultural corridor
* Gandhinagar- Ahmedabad is a fast growing educational, research, and business corridor
* Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, National Institute of Design, Indian Space Research Organization, Physical
Research Laboratory, Institute of Plasma Research, Entrepreneurial Development Institute of India, and Mudra Institute of
Communications are some of leading national level educational institutions in this area
* Darpana Academy, Calico Museum, L D Institute of Indology, Sabarmati Ashram, Akshardham and Kadamb Institute are
among the prominent cultural and arts centers in this area
* Architectural marvels, recreational centers, entertainment multiplexes, shopping malls, and science city in the
midst of inviting greenery and forestry provide a blend of cosmopolitan excitement and countryside charm to this corridor
* 'Infocity', an upcoming information technology park in Gujarat, is adjacent to the Institute campus.
* Ahmedabad is about 25 kms from the Institute, while the domestic and international airports are just about 15 kms
* Right from the inception, the Government of Gujarat has been actively supporting and patronizing the development
of the Institute.
* DA-IICT was conferred the status of a University by an Act of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly, Gujarat Act 6 of
2003; Gujarat Gazette, Extraordinary, Part IV, dated 06 March 2003.
* The Institute got recognised under section 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956 by the University Grant Commission of India
vide its letter no. F.9-18/2004(CPP-I) dated 30 November 2004.
Programs and Offerings
* Aims to offer a whole spectrum of education, research, and training programs in information and communication technology
at certificate, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
* Caters to the learning needs of students and researchers and continuing education requirements of working executives,
practicing professionals, and government officials.
* Launched the four-year Undergraduate Program in Information and Communication Technology from the academic year
2001-02 and commenced classes from August 2001.
* The postgraduate and continuing education programs will be announced separately.
* Research in emerging areas of information and communication technology will have a major thrust at the Institute
and will be leveraged for all its academic pursuits.
Cutting-edge Body of Knowledge
* The course curriculum in all educational offerings of the Institute captures the latest and the emerging body of
knowledge with a commitment to keep it dynamic and futuristic.
* The curriculum is designed to develop students' comprehension of technology in a context of scientific inquiry and
* The body of knowledge covers the core areas of information and communication technology as well as an understanding
of the business and social environment so that the application of technology is better appreciated and students broaden their
* The course curriculum recognizes the importance of multidisciplinary learning as information and communication technology
pervades science, technology and business.
* Provides the best of conceptual knowledge and practical application skills.
* Introduces a strong multidisciplinary approach to develop technology experts with a well-rounded personality and
multifunctional skill base.
* Comprises multiple learning stages and methodologies: Lectures, Self-study, Online learning, Tutorials, Lab Work,
Assignments, Projects, Research, Internships, Guest Lectures, Seminars, Debates, Continuous Evaluation, Examinations, and
Personality Development programs.
* Lectures are reinforced by intensive lab work and tutorials together with assignments, projects and online learning.
* Special lecture series by distinguished personalities to keep students abreast of industry trends and research findings.
* Emphasizes creative thinking, ability to critically analyze and synthesize issues to take decisions and solve problems,
scientific observation, quantitative reasoning, and logical reasoning.
DA-IICT, a UGC recognised statutory university, has announced Admission to the Sixth Batch (2006 Batch) of its B Tech
(ICT) program. Admission procedure for Indian Citizens is described here.
Admission to the 2006 Batch of B Tech (ICT) will be based on the All India Rank of AIEEE 2006 (All India Engineering Entrance
Examination 2006), which is being conducted by CBSE on 30 April 2006. Therefore, only candidates who are appearing for AIEEE
2006 can apply for this program of DA-IICT.
The short-listed candidates, based on AIEEE 2006 ranking, will be called for counselling at Gandhinagar and will be offered
admission in order of their merit based on the All India Rank of AIEEE 2006.
A limited number of seats will be offered to Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) and Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin
(PIO) through a separate channel called 'Direct Admission of Foreign and NRI Students' (DAFS).
Number of Seats
The intake will be 240. Out of these, 228 seats will be filled on the basis of the All India Rank of AIEEE 2006, while
the remaining 12 seats will be offered to NRIs through DAFS. In addition to these 240 seats, 36 seats will be offered to Foreign
Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin through DAFS. The unfilled NRI seats, if any, will also be filled on the basis of All India
Rank of AIEEE 2006. The Institute may change the number of seats without any notice.
Seats reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories are 15% and 7.5% respectively.
Candidates belonging to these categories will be admitted on relaxed criteria as compared to the general category candidates.
In case some of the reserved seats are not filled, the unfilled seats will be transferred to the general category.
The minimum academic qualification for admission is a pass in the 10+2 or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and
Chemistry/Computer Science. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2006 are also eligible to apply for consideration
of provisional admission. All candidates who are offered provisional admission will be required to produce the proof of having
passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) to the Institute latest by 30 October 2006, failing which such provisional
admission will stand cancelled.
If a candidate is found ineligible at a later date, even after admission to DA-IICT, his/her admission will be cancelled.
All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidates. The decision
of the Admission Committee of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
A list of qualifying examinations is given below:
* The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination,
including Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
* Intermediate Science or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
* First year Examination of a degree course of any recognized Indian University / Institute following a Higher Secondary
Examination in the 10+1 system.
* Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
* General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
* High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
* Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of
Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
* H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
* Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
* Three- or four-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Date of Birth
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1981 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in
the 10 or 10+2 standard Certificate, as issued by the Board/University, only will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce
this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling.
Tuition fee Rs. 30,000 per Semester
Registration Fee Rs. 2,500 per Semester
Caution Deposit Rs. 8,000 (Refundable at the end of the Program)
Hostel Rent Rs. 6,000 per semester (Compulsory)
Food As per actual, as charged by the canteen/cafeteria.
(These expenses will be approximately Rs.1,500 per month)
At the time of counselling an amount of Rs. 38,000 (Rs. 30,000 towards Tuition Fee for the First Semester and Rs. 8,000
towards Caution Deposit) is to be paid through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of 'DA-IICT', payable at Ahmedabad. Subsequently,
fees are charged semester-wise, at the registration of each semester. The Institute reserves the right to revise the fee and
Objective of counselling is to verify the personal and academic credentials of candidates viz. identity, age, medical
fitness, academic qualification and category, and thereafter offer admission or provisional admission to eligible candidates
as the case may be.
The counselling will be conducted at the Institute campus. Candidates will be invited for counselling through individual
communication. Merit List and counselling procedure will also be put on this website. Candidates whose names appear in the
merit list put on the website but have not received the invitation letter should also appear for counselling as per the notified